June 14th, 2017 By: Jessica Foglesong
Determining which medical billing software meets your organization’s needs can be intimidating. Often times, medical billing organizations and medical practices alike make their decision based on three (3) criteria:
- Ease of Use
- Reporting Capabilities
If this is your first time looking for a medical billing solution, or if it has been a while since you’ve upgraded your solution, consider the tips below as you try to decide if a software vendor meets your needs.
Ease of Use
- Tip 1 – Ask the vendor to walk you through the entire billing cycle.
- Tip 2 – Based on the workflow of the billing cycle you were shown, consider if it makes sense to you.
- Tip 3 – Put together a list of the reports that are most important to you and share them with your prospective vendor. Ask the vendor to show you these reports during a demonstration.
- Tip 4 – Evaluate the flexibility of the reporting and ask the vendor to filter, sort, and export a report in the software solution.
- Tip 5 – Ask the vendor to outline any additional costs your organization may incur, including: implementation, training, support, clearinghouse fees, or transaction fees.
- Tip 6 – Ask the vendor what transaction caps or minimums your organization will be subject to, such as a claim limit or a claim minimum.
We invite you to consider RxNT’s medical billing solution for your organization. Don’t forget to ask us the hard questions! Call RxNT at 1-800-943-7968 (option 3) or click the “Learn More” button below to talk with a product specialist today.